There are many creative ideas and resources for how to raise funds to go on a mission trip. Here are a few examples;
- Letters to Family & Friends (Most Common)
- Corporate or Store Donation Request Letter – here is a template to print >
- Donation requests in Lieu of a Christmas or Birthday present
- Church Bake Sale
- Rummage or Garage Sale
- Selling Items at Events or Store Fronts;
- Here is an example of one lady that makes fine chocolate to support her mission trips: www.sweetmiracles4kids.weebly.com
- Fundraising Dinner Event
- Suggested price to enter into a contest: example suggest $20 to enter to win an iPod or suggest $3 to guess how many items in a jar. Everyone is a winner with one – you get support to go on a mission, one person wins the prize and everyone gets to participate in supporting a great cause.
- Raffle Tickets
- Collection of Priority Needs with an Additional Amount Requested
When raising funds for your trip, people may write checks payable to Cross to Light so they can receive a tax deduction. When making a donation ask your sponsors to write “Haiti” in the memo section of the check. Please mail your collected donations to Cross to Light, PO Box 27361, Santa Ana, CA 92799 or pay online at www.crosstolight.com and click on “donate”.