Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness, while you are enriched in everything for all liberality, which causes thanksgiving through us to God. For the administration of this service not only supplies the needs of the saints, but also is abounding through many thanksgivings to God, while, through the proof of this ministry, they glorify God for the obedience of your confession to the gospel of Christ, and for your liberal sharing with them and all men, and by their prayer for you, who long for you because of the exceeding grace of God in you. Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift! 2 Corinthians 9
Personal Packing Recommendations
Lodging provides bunk beds, sheets, and pillows.
- Bible, journal, pen (airplane proof), pencil
- Anti-bacterial hand gel or anti-bacterial wet wipes.
- Snacks – Bring enough snacks for your personal use to last your entire trip to supplement the meals. Snack suggestions include; PB, protein bars, granola bars, nuts, dried fruit, trail mix, beef jerky, etc– think PROTEIN.
- Sun Hat & Plenty of Sun Block that is waterproof
- Bring a large empty water bottle to fill up on water as it is easy to dehydrate. It is a good practice to drink 2-4 liters per day.
- Electrolyte powder like Gatorade’s Propel to add to your water throughout your stay.
- Mosquito Repellent
Supplements to ingest that may help detract mosquitoes: Garlic, Vitamin B1 – 100/mg/day
Suggested Topicals (Reapply at least every 3 hours);
Repel Lemon Eucalyptus Insect Repellent
Neem Repellant Spray
Citronella Oil (Reapply every hour)
- Personal toiletries + shower towel.
Toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, baby wipes, allergy medicine, eye drops, etc.
- Clothing: Bring clothing that can be washed and does not need to be ironed.
Dorm style sleepwear
- Comfortable, sturdy walking shoes. Closed-toed shoes like hiking boots or tennis shoes are good.
- Worship music
- Flashlight (LED recommended as they last longer) with extra batteries.
- Money: Most people spend $100 for unexpected fees, meals eaten at the airport, tips, etc…